counter create hit

ramblings from the south

adventures in foster care or life as viewed by a "typical white boy" or "the feel-good blog of the year" or "a triumph of the human spirit"

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Truisms in life

Where there's smoke there's fire- this is one my favorite things to say these days. Of course it is an overused cliche', but how do things become cliche' ? By being true of course. If we see a kid come into state custody because of neglect, chances are there are drugs involved. If there is star college player alledging that he was paid, it's probably not a clean college program. You get the idea. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying- this is pretty self explanatory. I know I have to use this a lot.

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck it's probably a duck-see the first one

We aren't promised tomorrow- I have come to realize this lately more and more. Instead of saying "Oh Crap" when I wake up in the morning I should be thanking God that I have another day on this green earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home